Thursday 5 July 2012

The best things in life are free!


I read in the latest issue of Elle magazine (which is a page-turner, make sure you get your hands on a copy!) that designer Jessica Hische once said: “The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.”

Makes you think doesn’t it? What do you do while you procrastinate? For me this blog is procrastination central...a clear sign that this should be my one and only passion. Yet somehow I’ve not been able to get around to much procrastination this past year and my journey has been stuck in productivity land. Studying like crazy and turning out assignments like some high-powered factory machine.

Yet there’s still one little thing I make time for...getting dressed in the mornings. Yes, it’s a requirement not a mere procrastination, something that each and every one of us are required to do every day. So I spend that extra few minutes to think what I will wear, to think how others will view my outfit and whom I can reach with a colourful splash of yellow. But most of all I think of myself. I grant myself that one last indulgence left in a busy schedule...to step out in an outfit that wasn’t just thrown together two minutes before I grab a piece of toast, gulp down some coffee and set off on yet another chapter in my hectic journey.

I might not be able to share all these outfits on this blog until I’m finally able to call myself a university graduate at the end of the year, but I can give you this: those few extra minutes spent putting together a masterpiece of an outfit. Believe me it’ll make everything worthwhile!

Furthermore I’ve decided to re-evaluate what really makes life worth living...friends, family and the precious moments spent with them...those are the things in life that are free. And you know what they say, the best things in life are free...

I’ve posted some pics of a red and blue themed picnic a friend recently hosted at Irene diary farm...also let me know what you do when you procrastinate! Take a moment to think about it about it and you might just experience something of a revelation.






1 comment:

  1. Games aгe categorized for kids аges 7
    onlinе games also furnish уou with an еaѕу mοod of entertainmеnt.
    Kids Go inspirеԁ by the гesults
    and onlinе biz habіtuation act Care? Gamеs involνing
    geolоgiсal dating and homely affаirs are rather interestіng are uncommitted tоo.


    my blοg poѕt; Game

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...