Friday 18 May 2012

Break out the burgundy!









The hottest new colour of the season is a lovely mix between red and maroon, the kind of burgundy that reminds you of a yummy red wine and wipes out memories of ugly maroon school uniforms. You’ll see this burgundy in all its different shades hanging out in all the hip stores...and I was finally able to get my hands on my very own beautiful burgundy piece. This oversized burgundy sweater was hiding in Mr Price when I was feeling in the mood for some retail therapy and promptly rescued me from my fashion rut.

I had some impulsive fun on the University of Pretoria campus shooting some pics of the outfit I threw together the very day after I went home with my new number in tow. Things are winding down on campus as the students prepare to go into exam mode, so I was able to sneak in a few pics without feeling too awkward (shooting fashion blog pics on campus can do that to you...) Luckily my boyfriend’s quite the amateur photographer and definitely not scared to act the role of pro fashion photographer!

Paired with mid-ankle boots, a chunky ring, and a golden chain necklace this sweater transforms from average to fashionable with help from winter’s three key items. What would you pair it with? Leave me a comment and let me know!
Till next time, happy weekend! xxx  

1 comment:

  1. Love the first pic!! Fashion in Africa at its best

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...